Friday, September 30, 2016

Diigo and Pinterest

What Diigo and Pinterest both do:

Image result for diigo and pinterest


1.       They both allow people to share different resources with different groups of people. Like in Diigo, people can set up different groups of topics if they teach more than one section; in Pinterest, people can set up as many boards as they want to share the topics they are interested.
2.      They both can have multiple tags for the resources I save in my accounts. I put multiple tags for the web pages I’m interested in under the links, and similarly, I can add multiple tags for the web pages I saved on Pinterest also, but in different boards.
3.      They both allow people to follow me or me to follow other users, but to Pinterest, users need to follow the boards of the people they want to follow.

Image result for diigo and pinterest

The difference between Diigo and Pinterest
1.      I can highlight text on saved websites and also write comment or notes to explain it. While I can’t do the same on Pinterest, I can only save websites that have images in them.

Image result for diigo and pinterest2.      For Diigo, I can host a discussion with the groups I joined, bur for Pnterest, I can only comment other people’s boards.

3.      They both can save multiple websites, but to me, Diigo is more academic than Pinterest, I feel like Diigo is only used for teaching or professional purpose, while on Pinterest, I can save anything I’m interested not only limited to academic resources, I can also save topics like fashion, health living, or clothing, etc.

4.      For Diigo, it doesn't offer related articles, but Pinterest does so by showing a couple of pictures of related articles.

5. And also, I found that I can post comments on the people that I follow on Pinterest, while I don't know how to comment people's sites on Diigo, once I click the websites they saved, it open to public instead of this person I follow, so Pinterest is more convenient for this part, which it links to Facebook and Twitter also, so I can comment the articles in Facebook or Twitter account also. But Diigo have the ability to let me message the people I follow, while Pinterest doesn't, so Diigo can make the comment part through this way with messaging others. 
  


With have accounts for both bookmarking sites, I think they are both very powerful and useful for language teaching and classrooms. I like Pinterest more since it always related to pictures which give me deep impression of what I saved, so it’s really easy to remember and recall what I have in the account. It also allow me to link my Facebook and Twitter accounts so I can share my resources to public, it’s a good idea to socialize with people. But with Diigo, the highlight function and comment feature are also very impressive, so I think I’ll use Diigo for teaching and professional use, but Pinterest for social and fun.



5.        

No comments:

Post a Comment