Sunday, November 6, 2016

Learning with Animoto


Image result for animoto
This week, I explored a new educational technology called Animoto, which allows users to make photo stories with putting their photos or videos in an album-like place with playing them together one by one. It's a great way of introducing language learners vocabulary or phrases or expressions of target language in a visual way, so they have much more first-sight information stored in their memory than just seeing those words in textbooks. So for my photo story, I chose to do a fashion vocabulary lesson with 10 Chinese words that appeared the most frequently in a Chinese fashion magazine, they are all fundamental words, and all very easy to learn with the help of this photo show called Want to be a Be*You*Tiful girl? Learnthese words~~

 

Performance Indicators my students could demonstrate by creating their own photo shows


Performance Indicator – LOTE.ML. 1.2.A.A: Students can understand the main idea
and some details of simple informative materials written for native speakers.

 
PerformanceIndicator – LOTE. ML. 1.2.A.B: Students can compose short, informal notes and messages to exchange information with members of the target culture.

 

How will I assess my students?

For my students’ photo stories, I will assess them in following ways:

l  Use the correct measure words to the match nouns.

l  Use the correct Pinyins and tones to pronounce the words

l  Use the correct characters

l  Organizes material in a logical and coherent way.

l  Slides are fun to watch, interesting and informative.

l  Text is easy to read and view.

   Overall, I enjoy using Animoto very much and will keep to familiar myself for future teaching use, but I think people can use it for other purpose also, like wedding videos, birthday videos, my friend is getting married this month, I think I’ll suggest her to try this tech for the photo story that will be played before the wedding starts lol.
 
Image result for chinese learning
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I liked that you used very chic, modern images in your movie. Many of the images or drawings used in textbooks or materials are very childish and I liked the very beautiful and glamorous images that matched your title. So well crafted. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete